I’ve finally ventured into the world of hot-process soap making!! I’ve made two batches so far: an acne bar (from The Everything Soapmaking) and a peppermint bar (my adaptation of the one from The Everything Soapmaking). Even though hot-process soaps … Continue reading
Today I tried to make my first batch of Moroccan red clay soap in my new PVC pipe mold. I was so excited to see how my round soap would turn out. Sadly, I didn’t tighten the rubber cap on the end of the pipe and the soap oozed out of the bottom, all over my kitchen floor. I am so sad 😦 I would have taken a picture, the soap had an odd silly putty color, but I was in freak out mode.
Sigh, I’ll try again in a few days when I can wash the dried soap off of the pipe pieces. For now, I’ll just mourn the loss of 4 pounds of oil.